Tuesday, July 14, 2009

pre bon voyage

I'm not actually leaving until Thursday, but am currently doing any and all that I can to avoid thinking about packing. (my quart-size liquids bag is all ready to go, however!) Suddenly, I do not like any of the clothes in my closet, nor can I decide on a single item to pack. And let's face it, NYC peeps might be a little more up to speed on fashion than those of us living in FW, so I might be figuring out how I can blend in with my basics. I want to pack lightly. 2 reasons: 1) the sweet friend we're staying with lives on the 4th floor of her building. The building has no elevator. 2) I want to have room for all the goodies I find shopping! Therefore, I must decide very carefully on my outfits/clothes so that I don't take a lot of extra/what if I decide I want to wear this instead/I want options items.

Did I seriously just write a whole paragraph about packing?! Clearly I am stalling big time.

Packing is on my mind, though, because I'm going to be at my principal's house (gasp) all day tomorrow and I don't want to go into crazy packing mode tomorrow night because that is exactly what leads to overpacking of the suitcase I want to carry on. DFW baggage claim is THE worst. Always carry on if flying into that aeropuerto.

Maybe if I like you enough I'll bring you back a sweet magnet or shot glass that says this:

And maybe if I had darker, wavy hair, I could look like this in a few days:
And lastly, maybe if I had a super cool camera, I could take pictures like this while out and about in the city:
But alas, I do not have dark or wavy hair, or a really cool camera, but I do like those of you who read my words, so maybe the magnets can happen. I will share my pictures, taken with a normal camera, when I return. :)

No comments: