Monday, April 26, 2010

love in the bond

I got to catch up with so many of my favorites this weekend, courtesy of AXO! It was the 20th anniversary/celebration of when the chapter started at TCU. Friday night was a bid day recreation at an alum's house in Park Hill....I must say, it was much better the 5th time around: margarita machine. We definitely didn't get to enjoy one of those babies at bid day in college. After mucho margaritas and some good Mexican food, we headed downtown to see The Klocks, who played at Suzanna's and Jay's wedding just a mere year ago. I was quickly reminded of why I avoid downtown: Affliction shirts, hired girls dancing in nearly nothing, and lots of strobe lights. The Klocks were awesome at the wedding, but this night they were apparently catering to the downtown crowd who likes to hear "Baby Got Back" and the like. We didn't stay long.

Saturday night was the recreation of our formal, Red Carnation. In actuality though, we really did sort of crash the active's formal. Because it was cash bar, and because this cash bar was at Colonial Country Club, we opted to have a preparty at my place...we were trying our best to recreate college! The party was fun...that might have been in part to the flasks that were or were not snuck in...

I was most excited to see some of my favorite people whom I either hadn't seen in nearly a year and also the ones I had seen a few weeks ago. Either way, we always catch right back up and it's as though no time has passed at all. We had such a good time laughing, dancing, and retelling stories.

Can we go back to college but take out the class part??? I want all my favorites to live within walking distance of each other!!



(Too bad half of my favorites weren't around during picture time.)

1 comment:

deneise said...

WOW...you look so beautiful!!