Tuesday, February 7, 2012

move over, beethoven

So this used to be my favorite salmon recipe, sans puff pastry. It's easy, healthy, contains one of favorite ingredients on the planet: pesto, and was introduced to me by friend Giada. Tough competition in my opinion.
Salmon with Pesto and Puff Pastry (but minus the puff pastry)
4 pieces salmon
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup purchased pesto
2 tomatoes, sliced

EASY: preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil. Place salmon on foil and top with almonds. Cook for 10 minutes. I spread pesto on top of the fish and then top with tomato slices.

Then I bought salmon yesterday and was looking around online for an easy recipe with ingredients we already have in the house.

BINGO.

I have kinda been in love with coriander for about six months now, so I was initially excited it was an ingredient. Then I read the reviews, checked our pantry and fridge, and realized we had a winner.


Salmon with Honey-Coriander Glaze
1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
1/4 cup honey
5 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
salmon (I bought a pound)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil

EASY: Mix first four ingredients. Brush mixture onto one side of salmon. Heat oil in a pan and cook salmon 1-2 minutes per side. Then I wrapped the salmon in foil and put it in the oven for about 8-10 minutes (the recipe calls for cooking on the stove top the whole time, but the oven was already on and cooking cute little potato gratins in muffin cups, so I figured I'd throw the salmon in there). I reduced the rest of the sauce and drizzled it over the cooked fish. One of the tastiest things I can remember making!!

I thought about it all day today.

No comments: