Sunday, January 18, 2009

a thief in the night




Ahhhh, what a great weekend I have had...and I still have one more day!! Woohoo MLK! Last night my favorite and closest 15 friends met at Gloria's for an early birthday dinner. I had called HOURS ahead of time to get us on "the list" since they don't take reservations and we were a pretty large group. Well, after about an hour of us all waiting around and feeling like sardines with the rest of the people waiting for tables, Jay and Emily decided to go regulate on the hostesses. I think the hostesses just wanted them to go away so they said it would be just a few more minutes. Looking around, we knew that was a complete lie as there were no available tables in sight. Freddie tried to go talk Spanish or something to them to try and get us bumped up, but to no avail. Then Jay got frustrated and told the hostesses we were leaving. Um, I still had a good 3/4 of my delicious mojito in hand. And I was annoyed that we had waited for so long and would have been waiting for way longer. We decided to go across the street to La Familia where they could seat us right away. There was just one problem....my mojito. I had on my favorite wrap sweater, so I just tucked my mojito into it and we walked to Emily's car. It was my birthday! Anyway, Smalls helped me finish it in the 25 second drive over to La Familia and now I have a cool glass as a parting gift.

I have some of the very best friends in the world. They each made sure I had a fun night during what has been a less than easy time. One in particular (Emily) seems to have recently taken a liking to cake decorating. Since it's hard to tell from the picture, the scene is a shaved-head Britney Spears hitting the paparazzi car with an umbrella...do you remember that picture? Google it if not. It's one of my favorites. Emily also put her favorite Britney song title on the cake, but I cannot write what it is. And my New Year's resolution to take more pictures....well, I'm pretty much failing miserably at it! I have a picture of only 2 people who were with us last night...perhaps I should have planned a different resolution....

No comments: