Wednesday, January 28, 2009

this is how i spent my ice day

Jealous?
Due the fact that I haven't been able to breathe normally or finish many sentences without a series of sneezes or sniffling for over a month, I booked myself an appointment with an allergist.
Survey says: After 15 minutes of trauma (it was just as bad as when I was little), the doctor came back in and said my mountain cedar spot was "one of the strongest reactions I've ever seen" (letter D area in above pic). AWESOME. While I do like to excel at things, having such strong allergies is not one of them. I think shots are on the way, but we're gonna try the strongest medicine on the market for a month first.
Thank goodness I have learned lots of relaxation techniques in my counseling classes...I got really close, twice, to calling out for help. I was certain that my itching-which actually felt more like stinging-was some sort of freak reaction. Tropical beach and warm sand...check.

2 comments:

clarkyclark said...

When I first looked at that picture I thought you got a few tattoos and got whipped or something. Yikes, grams!

Meredeth said...

pfb