Friday, March 20, 2009

animal house: take two

Oh, LORD, what an eventful evening I ended up having last night. I was on the phone chatting with my friend Halen when I heard Mazie going crazy with the blinds in my bedroom. This is not at all a-typical, however she was obviously very anxious to see something outside. I go open them for her and peek out because I, too, wanted to know what she was dying to see. Here it is: On my 2nd floor patio, no less!!! (My patio is by my front door for those of you who are wondering how a raccoon scaled a wall...it didn't...it climbed the stairs.) I opened the door, snapped a picture in about 2 seconds so as not to get bitten and then infected with rabies, and then deadbolted it. Then, like Mazie (you can see her eyes in the window), I watched this raccoon just chill out on my patio for about 15 minutes....weirdo! All the while, I was explaining my Snow White complex and my desire to pet this raccoon because it looked so cuddly. It went away finally, we hung up, and I checked a text message I'd gotten from Claire. I called her and she showed up about 20 minutes later with this:


He (I'm about 91% sure) is NOT staying here permanently. 1-I don't want a boy cat. 2-Mazie is still hissing and growling, although now that is in combo with chasing the kitten. 3-I found outside patio furniture yesterday at World Market that I really like...I'd rather pay for that than kitten shots, fixing, and declawing. Hopefully Claire will be able to find it's owner or a new home. It is a really cute, snuggly little thing...while it slept and wasn't being harassed by Mazie, it curled up in the crook of my neck. For now though, my apartment somewhat resembles a circus. Cheers!

No comments: