Wednesday, March 18, 2009

the ranch

I had the best time celebrating Suzanna last weekend at "the ranch!!" Margaret picked me up Friday afternoon, we loaded up her car, and headed that way to meet the rest of the girls. It's only a month a few days until Suzanna lives with a boy! Yay!! We had a smaller group Friday which was really fun. We ate pasta of a certain shape and then just hung out and talked the rest of the night...that is, until Emily decided at 1:30 a.m. to show us some killer yoga moves....all while wearing a brimmed gardening hat. That girl is NUTS! You know I couldn't pass up the opportunity to arise from my bed, run, and knock her off of her weird tripod pose....twice. She enjoyed it. She also led group exercise on Saturday morning. It was much needed after consuming all kinds of candy and baked goods the night before. I opted out of the kickboxing part since I can't punch to save my life (it's probably because of my sweet nature that I can't do anything resembling violence...), but I hung in there pretty well with the rest of her routine. And I was sore that night and for the next 2 days, so it must have been effective. Here are some pictures to highlight the weekend:
Suzanna got her sash!
Emily's handiwork...aka "Made with love by Nana." Also, Jay's last name (and Suz's soon-to-be) is Rubottom, so we made use of that as best we could.

I baked cakes for decorating Friday night...Margaret's is the best disguised, so I put it on my family-friendly blog. :)

The Friday night crew/Saturday morning exercise class. Margaret watched from afar as she worked on her awesome grad school portfolio.

BBQ for dinner...cheap, yummy turkey, and BYOB...or in our case BYOJS: Bring Your Own Jello Shots. I think we took one before every meal, after every meal, and whenever else anyone deemed it to be time for jello shots.

Some of the gals

Our big plans to show the Boot Scootin' a good time went down the drain as we got rejected because it's a "private club"...due to being a dry county....Texas is SO weird!! And because one of the girls did not have her ID. I'm pretty sure all 6 people in the bar were bummed as we walked out...they knew they were missing something good! Luckily, however, Emily and Robyn put on nasty camo hunting suits and did a semi-strip tease for Suz with the peni-yata when we got back. And they brought out trays of jello shots, of course.
The weekend was super fun, way too quick, and made me really excited for the wedding!

1 comment:

clarkyclark said...

Grams, your blog isn't so family friendly right now... look closely between Amanda and I in the Boot Scootin picture. Hmmm...