Friday, June 19, 2009

elvis has left the...garden???

Dallas is quickly making its way to my heart. I trekked over there last night to attend an Elvis tribute band concert at the Arboretum with Emily and Suzanna. I got to tour a new part of Dallas as I made my way to Emily's new apt...I got an even longer tour (in the dark) of the ghetto when her directions did NOT get me to I30 to go home.

We headed to Whole Foods where we made salads, sampled and got some delicious, refreshing wine, and I got us some "wholesome junkfood" brownie bite things. Suz said that wholesome junkfood doesn't exist. They were interesting...sort of like chocolate fig newtons. Not bad, but not what you want if you are seriously craving something chocolate. Suz, being a good little mama, packed a picnic basket and blanket, along with waters, napkins, and forks for everyone. Emily, being Emily, got a bag of ice at Whole Foods. And when I say bag, I mean that she filled up a produce section bag (like you would put apples into) with "Sonic ice." "That's how I get ice, I don't have an ice maker at home." Oh, Emily. She's pretty.

I digress. Elvis was the reason for the gathering. He put on a good show and wore both a Hawaiian shirt for the first half and then a white, fringed, leather...or pleather... jumpsuit for the second half once the sun went down. The little girl in the picture below was deemed "little Emily." With the exception of wearing pink AND flowers, we decided had Emily attended this concert as a 5 year old, this is who she would have been. She was jammin'! Emily says in line (to me, the instigator), "Dare me to get him to sign my arm?" Dare.
Oh my goodness, I think the man left a good 1/2 inch of sweat on my shoulder/arm. SICK.
And she wanted Elvis's signature....too bad she had to settle for Kraig. With a K.

No comments: