Tuesday, October 21, 2008

N.K.O.T.B.


O.M.G.

Where do I start??? Sunday night was one of the most magical nights of my life!! Margaret, Emily, Erin, Robyn, and I went to see New Kids on the Block in Dallas. Yes, we really did. And it was, to say the very least, amazing! Jordan, my favorite New Kid, looked just as beautiful as he did when I was little. My favorite part....when he was on the stage solo and had on a white button down shirt...then he ripped the shirt apart...and the wind machine started blowing...and he was singing...and I am pretty sure I was in Heaven for a few seconds. Oh, my!! Boy has been working out!

This whole concert attendance started several months ago when Margaret called to inform me that we needed to attend the concert in a sort of reunion. She and I went with her family when we were in 3rd grade. It was so much fun then. This time, however, the ticket price and the Sunday night schedule momentarily made me question the necessity of going. After a quick rethinking, I realized I must go and we even invited our people to go with us. Then I made a genius decision to go ahead and schedule a substitute for the Monday afterwards. Yahtzee!!

I think I'll just bullet the highlights of the concert...but needless to say, the whole 2 hours were amazing, wonderful, so fun, and crazy!!!!
  • EVERY song had choreographed dance moves. Some were even from back in the day.
  • Danny did some break dancing on his head (!) and then on one hand (!!)
  • Jordan broke into surprise falsettos every now and then
  • Girls were dressed in neon clothes, leg warmers, crimped hair, side ponytails, etc...
  • This was the loudest event I have ever attended
  • There were fireworks!!
  • I think they changed clothes about 7 times
  • Donnie was a great leader...he did most of the talking and was really great with the crowd
  • This concert was NOT 3rd grader-friendly...there was quite a bit of crotch grabbing, mostly by Donnie...who I believe got in trouble for that 15 years ago
  • Joey was BY FAR the most into the singing
  • They seemed like best friends who were having such a good time together!!
  • The men's restrooms had signs posted outside that said they were now women's restrooms...sorry for the 40 guys who got suckered into attending the concert
Joey got the loudest reaction every time

If you look closely, you can see that Joey is wearing the smiley face leather jacket he used to wear...also, the piano singing/dancing was really cool

15 years later!! :)

My love

The coolest concert-goers
This was SO much fun, I still can't get over it! Natasha Bedingfield opened and was pretty good, too.

Monday morning was sooooooo nice...I stayed at Suz's and we met the rest of the girls (minus MJ :( ) for breakfast at Dream Cafe. Egg white omelet with pesto, goat cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes, please! Then we went to Sam Moon. Is this what it's like to be a housewife and/or socialite? Because I could seriously get used to not having to go work and meeting friends for breakfast on a Monday and then going shopping...

1 comment:

marcy said...

I am sooooo jealous. Joey was always my favorite. Though I was not quite as young as you when I was in love with them!