Sunday, October 5, 2008

a weekend of firsts

Friday was not technically a first; but it was Emily's birthday celebration in Dallas. And I guess it was first for me to eat at a tapas restaurant. We went to Cafe Madrid and it was yummy! This picture is so typical... :) Saturday was my first trip to Central Market with an almost 2 year old in tow...wow, do I have a new appreciation for moms and dads who do their grocery shopping with little people in the cart. I spent the afternoon with little Mason, who belongs to Emily and Eric Johnson. He was so good at the store, but he was so interested in touching and taking everything that he could get his hands on...particularly apples. Now, the main problem was not his interest in the produce...no, no...it was that the carts at Central Market have the kiddie seat up higher than other stores (or so it seemed), so I was nearly eye level with him which made steering the extra long cart even more interesting. I was constantly dodging other people, carts, and fruit displays. All in all, though, he was a pretty great shopping companion and enjoyed all the fruit samples. He even handed the checker my items to scan-too cute!
Today I went to my first Cowboys game with Andrew, Ben, and Mark. It was fun!! There's nothing like a good sporting even to bring out the classiest folks...aside from that, it was neat to be so close and see all the hardcore fans. I did not sample any of the stadium food (shocking, I know), but I did eat some faux Dippin' Dots that did not quite hit the spot I was hoping they would, but they were still good. I also spent a good amount of time looking for a Miss Jessica Simpson, but never saw her. What a fun weekend!

No comments: