Tuesday, September 30, 2008

just a little venting

...because I couldn't reprimand the girl who frustrated me into needing to vent. So I went to Tom Thumb after school to get some pretty bell peppers; they were on sale 4 for $5 with your reward card. I planned to just run in and run out...not even use a bag from the check-out area. (I'm anti-plastic bags; plus I love my reusable ones from Target!) When I got to the express lane I was third in line. The girl checking out was gabbing on her cell phone, paying no attention to the apples falling out of her untied bag or to the cashier...this is probably my number one pet peeve as of late. I seriously can't stand it when people talk on their phones while checking out!! A-I think it's just plain rude to the checker. Really, really rude. B-The person on the phone is not paying attention to what they are doing, EVER, and therefore the line gets held up.

Back to my story. So this girl is STILL talking while the cashier is trying to tell her the total. Then, she hangs up, digs in her purse...and says, "Oh my gosh, my card is in my car. Just put my stuff to the side and I'll come back in." This would not have annoyed me as much had she not been on the phone...she would have noticed the missing card sooner and could have gone out her car sooner while her items were still being rung up. The nice checker lady says, "No, no, go get your card. I'll just wait." HELLO!! This is the express line and all I want to buy are 4 bell peppers. She calls for backup. Seriously! So backup comes. Being the kind citizen I am, I tell the lady in front of me, whose also been waiting on said chola, to go ahead to the newly opened express line. This chola finally gets back inside and pays.

And to top it all off, when I went out to my car she was across the lane putting her goods in her trunk. I get in my car, turn it on, check around me, and begin backing out. Guess who comes about 6 inches away from backing into my car?!?!

Those peppers better be tasty and crisp.

No comments: