Tuesday, September 16, 2008

step by step

I have always been curious about how much I walk in one day while at work. Our hallway is sort of separated from the rest of the school, so we've got a bit of a trek wherever we go. Nevermind that I'm up walking around all day answering the same question 500 times and making sure all 22 of my loves follow directions on solo assignments. So, Emily let me borrow her pedometer for the next couple of weeks until I next see her. What a kind friend. She can been deceivingly nice sometimes... :). Anywho, I guessed that I probably walk about 1/2 of a mile at work each day. She and Margaret both thought that my guess was way low. Well folks, today I walked 5,691 steps and 2.11 miles while at work. I'm guessing those are approximations because I don't know that this trusty pedometer is 100% accurate. Nevertheless, I'm impressed with my little legs! Now I don't have to feel so guilty for not walking as often as I would like to, let alone for not seeing the inside of a gym anytime recent...or not so recent. I even took advantage of the PERFECT weather today and went for an hour walk this afternoon when I got home!

Also, do you agree with me that everyone-adults and little children are noticeably happier due to this unbelievable weather? Thanks Ike!

No comments: