Tuesday, November 11, 2008

2 new faves

I have some new items that I am currently obsessed with. One is totally vain and one brings joy to my ears...

#1: My new mascara. It.is.amazing. I have lashes that did NOT exist before!! I bought it in "glam black"...because...really, why not?? I highly recommend it! #2: New Taylor Swift CD. I would really like to be friends with and/or be her. I think she is precious and fun and I really enjoy her tunes! You should give it a listen or two.

Also, because I can't skip my Asian experience this week:
Asian chicken salad (serves 4-6)
1 package (3 oz) oriental-flavored ramen noodle soup mix
1/2 cup pre-sliced or slivered almonds
3/4 cup bottled red wine vinaigrette
1 package (16 oz) coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix (I buy both and mix them)
2 cups cooked chicken (I usually buy a rotiserrie one and shred it)
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
2 scallions, both white and light green parts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Break up the noodles and place them and the almonds in a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until noodles and almonds turn light brown, 6-7 minutes. Meanwhile, pour red wine vinaigrette into a measuring cup and stir in the packet of seasoning from soup mix. Set aside. Place the slaw mix, chicken, cilanto, and scallions in a large serving bowl. Toss to combine. Just before serving, pour the salad dressing and toss to coat. Scatter noodles and almonds on top.

*I make my own dressing with:
1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
3ish T red wine vinegar
2 1/2 T sugar
pinch of black pepper
1/2 packet of the seasoning from the soup mix
*I also throw in some shelled edamame to bump up the protein.
Great for quick lunches!! :)

2 comments:

Laury said...

I totally agree with you about that mascara!! I just got some and love it!

deneise said...

so...will i look as good as you if i get tha mascara?? :)