Monday, November 24, 2008

twilight

Yes, I did brave the crazed teenage girls this weekend to go see Twilight. Although, luckily, Margaret and Emily had suggested going to the Angelika in an attempt to avoid some of the crazies. The movie, for me, was really disappointing. I know the books are geared towards teenage girls...however, I don't really understand why. There's really nothing juvenile about them. Anyway, Twilight (the book) was super romantic...Twilight (the movie) was super cheesy!! People were laughing out loud in the theater because of the cheesiness. Also, I realize I am in the small minority when I write this, but Edward (the lead vampire) was so NOT attractive to me. Suzanna agreed with me. The facial expressions were the most difficult to not roll your eyes at. I thought they stayed fairly true to the dialogue of the book, so that didn't bother me....all except the "spider monkey" line. Seriously?

Two friends of mine had read all 4 books in record time and assured me that I would enjoy them and become addicted like they had. I was hesitant because it's hard for me to enjoy and want to read a book about something that is not real....i.e., I never opened a Harry Potter book. I did finish Wicked, although it took me forever. I just need real people doing realistic things. I was not really into Twilight until about the last 100 pages. And then I had to stop reading one night with only 60 pages to go because it was too scary. I knew one of two things would happen:
1.-I would be up waaaay past my bedtime finishing the book, and/or
2.-I would have scary dreams because of the book. Considering I'd already had two separate nightmares about my appraisal last week (in one, I had double the class size I have now, and they were all boys....the second one had some person I didn't know appraising me instead of my vice principal), I decided to avoid potential causes of anymore nightmares for the week. Also, since I started taking fish oil my dreams have been much more vivid and I remember many, many more than I ever did before...interesting!

I started on the 2nd book last night. It was much easier for me to get into and not want to put it down. Hopefully the rest of the reading will be like that!

Even though the movie was a bit of a letdown (I'd give it a B-), I was so glad to get to hang out with MJ, Suz, and Emily! Those girls are hard to beat.

No comments: