Saturday, November 8, 2008

the maze


Mazie turned one yesterday! She celebrated by being extra crazy and playing with her friend, Lacey Lu Belew. The two wore each other out, thank goodness! I really think Mazie either thinks she is a dog, or she was a dog in a past life. She is such a playful, dominating companion to dogs her size. She attacks and chases just like they do. Rocky is still her #1 though. She is awesome because:
-she snuggles up by my neck when she's tired...it doesn't matter where I'm sitting, she finds a way to make it happen
-she comes when I call her
-she runs in the kitchen when I open yogurt...yes, she's spoiled
-she weighed 1.1 lb. when I brought her home
-when I went just to look over Christmas break when I was bored because everyone else had gone back to work, I held her at the Humane Society and she burrowed into the crook of my elbow and went to sleep purring. It was destiny.
-(I'm not sure if this is awesome or not) she is determined to catch a squirrel and she's now come within inches of getting one...I'm not really sure what she would do once she had it though...makes me nervous!
-she sleeps in the window and waits for me to come home

No comments: