Tuesday, December 2, 2008

wii, wii, wii, all the way home

Let me begin by saying that I hope I still have a mom who loves me after this! She didn't know I was recording her skills and definitely didn't know it would end up on my blog...love you mama!!

I headed to San Antonio Tuesday afternoon in hopes of beating some of the crazy Wednesday-before-Thanksgiving traffic. I think I beat most of it. Claire was already there by the time I arrived. She and I went to North Star Mall on Wednesday...it was my attempt to get some Christmas shopping done early. Well, if I were shopping for myself, that would have worked out perfectly. I got two things for me and one thing for a friend. So, basically I have not begun Christmas shopping and it's about to stress me out. I have big hopes of spending one Saturday or Sunday afternoon in Southlake and knocking it all out....which means I must come up with a list and ideas for gifts for my peeps!! And seeing as how there is an Anthropologie out there, I'm predicting that, again, I will find something for myself that I just can't live without. Thank goodness my career pays me so well.

Oh, Austin on Thursday was great fun with a great big group of great people!

On to the real purpose of this blog...My mom got my dad a wii system for his birthday in March. We all played a little bit at Easter, but apparently my parents play it rather frequently even without any youngins in the house. I was sore by Sunday from bowling...I was trying to go pro but barely missed the mark! I also tried golf because my mom kept talking about how fun it was. And it was! Nevermind that I was pretty good for never having picked up a real club or wii remote before. THEN she says she has really been wanting to try boxing. Uh huh. Seriously. Well, you can see the progression below of her boxing skills.

*I played too (but of course it wasn't captured on film) and knocked out my opponent in the middle of the second round. Booya! I videotaped my dad playing too, but it's on my sister's camera so you'll have to wait for that hilarity.*

Video 1 is my mom's first go-round with her "opponent."

Video 2 is her in the 2nd round, not knowing there was a 3rd round.

Victory lap!

2 comments:

Meredeth said...

what a witty title mary ... impressive!

Anonymous said...

It says the videos are "no longer available." You might want to check on that, chola.