Sunday, August 24, 2008

'twas the night before school started


And here I am, my last true night of summer....sigh. :( I went and did a little back-to-school shopping this afternoon because I looked in my closet and didn't like any of my clothes. Apparently all of Fort Worth had the same idea, so I had lots of company while I shopped. Anyway, after fighting traffic-both on foot and in my car-and getting back, I tried on several first day outfits and made my selection...comfy shoes and all! I wish I were tired because I know I'm gonna curse that alarm in the morning, but I'm not sleepy yet. I do have my lunch all packed and ready in the fridge. Boy, did I NOT miss packing those every night this summer.
I am so very excited to be teaching with two of my best friends this year. Meredeth's next door and Emily is right across the hall. It's kind of like living in the dorms in college because we play pranks and run next door to ask questions, but instead of dorm furniture taking up space in the room we have 22 small children and their desks. I also adore the other three gals I'll be working with! They're the moms; we're the youngins. :) I have a good feeling about this year and all that it holds in store. Hopefully I'll still have this upbeat attitude tomorrow at 5:30 a.m...

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so glad I'm working with you! I love you, but I don't like that pic of me. TEEHEE!