Wednesday, August 27, 2008

sleeps

I feel like I should write something about the first few days of school for all of my blog fans. j/k. It has been a good first couple of days, but I am beat!!! I had class tonight at TCU and think I could fall asleep right now...without washing my face or brushing my teeth...yes, it's true. I'm that tired.

My kids-all 22 of them (had to ship my 23rd to another school)-are pretty swell. Of course there are a few that are taking longer to train, but they'll get there. They're like puppies who talk. We had the first "card" change today, which equals getting in trouble. She jumped/leaped gracefully from the top of her desk to the floor, what else was I supposed to do? Nevermind that I think I've said her name more than any other students' thus far...and ironic that she has the same name as a miss clarkyclark....Anyway, when I told her to change her card the entire class went "ohhhhhhhhh"simultaneously. This was the first card change of the year. Sure not to be the last. And I'd love to show you some pics of my new little friends, but as Deneise/Charlene pointed out, I could probably get in trouble for that.

My fellow 2nd grade teachers rock! You wish you worked in our hallway. We've already played a couple of pranks and we've planned a very important planning meeting after school with margaritas tomorrow. I'm so thankful to work with such fun, smart, and kind women...I'm even more thankful that two of them are my bff's.

So now I'm off to wash my face, brush teeth, and crash. I don't think Mazie is ready for bed, but she will have to entertain herself. I've even got my pb&j, fruit, and string cheese packed and ready for tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Okay...so I'm on board. Miss Snaps and Mishaps is now on my favorites page.