Saturday, August 9, 2008

two of my favorites

Since I'm on summer vacay for just a few more days, I actually got to go meet friends for lunch-like a grown up! I went and met Margaret at her place and then we went to pick up Emily (Suz and her bling couldn't join us :( .) Of course there was the usual banter and laughing and it made me begin making a mental review of all the funny stuff that happened when we lived together. Oh, and Emily's blog about lunch helped, too.

~"sword" (or balloon figures) fighting/pictures on the couch when we were delirious from rush
~sledding down the riverbank when it was snowing
~our GENIUS decision to tie a rope to end of Nick's truck and have him pull on a box top up and down River Park Dr. because the road was icy. Oh, and we did this at night. We were fearless.
~"is the kitty in there?"
~Elvis
~my plotting to scare Emily in her room...worked EVERY time without fail
~Mr. __________ who lived below us...I can't remember his name to save my life
~the screaming match on the phone that Emily and I just sat and listened to
~Ruth
~when the family next door put a chain lock at the top of their door and their fat, obnoxious little girl asked Emily to help her get out
~my bike disappearing
~the Library
~Friends watching nights
~blowing up Peeps in the microwave
And after all that, we've each managed to become responsible, productive members of society!

4 comments:

clarkyclark said...

Love the list! I've got a few things to add...

-Mr. Brewer
-Nooner
-youareugly7777, txbandit, tess steckle
-"how did you know that my dog died?"
-penelope
-The Project Family
-"Abbie"'s artwork and note from J9

I might have to post some pics/video's on my blog to compliment your list!

Anonymous said...

additionally:
- the huge stuffed mouse that sat in your trunk for MONTHS!
- that phone conversation was NOT so very funny, thankyouverymuch!!!
- one of the most fun summers we've ever had (please note: that was when Emily was in Austin for her oh-so-very-important-resume-building-internship. BOY did she miss out!)
- the No-Legger across the courtyard!
- the random American flag on the wall b/c it was either that or an Elvis poster
- the Elvis framed “art” piece near the front door that Emily got at a garage sale
- the ugly brown, gold and green “frogge” needlepoint my grandmother gave me because her friend, Elizabeth Zogheib, who had just died, made it because Queen Elizabeth had made it in the first place and I was going to be a horned frog… so, clearly, a very obvious connection there! Man that thing is ugly. I have it hanging in my office now simply because it’s so ugly. i’m a nerd, i know.
- my TINY-TINY room!
- who was it that we locked out of the apt and laughed at through the shower window?!
- The Library! (yes, I’m adding it again.)
- Nick and Andrew!
- Emily’s need to cool salmon in the apt and stink the entire place up!
- Em coming home from her 21st birthday and recounting the entire night for us in all of her drunken glory. nice.
- I love Ruth! She’s still there!
- driving to the grocery store in the frosty weather for “rations” which included popcorn probably, maybe bread and some sandwich fixings, maybe some milk and oreos, definitely coke for the rum, vodka and/or daiquiri mix (or something of the like) we probably got at the liquor store on that same trip!
- Mary, what animal did you run around the apartment acting like? A gazelle? An ostrich? One of those little winged desert lizards?
- MY PENGUIN SUIT!

clarkyclark said...

-It was definitely Mary and Andrew that we locked out of the apartment (hehehe)!

-Mary's little walk was in tribute to Penelope, the praying mantis I killed with the phone book after she attacked me for the 3rd (and final) time. I don't think Mary could recreate that walk if her life depended on it, but it sure was funny!

-While we are on the topic of drunken glory, lets not forgot the time Nick took you two downtown and you did shots. When you came home, I was happily in bed, asleep because I had marathon training the next day. I could hear you clowns coming UP THE STAIRS OUTSIDE!

-The time I hit my heel on the "coffee table" silver steel chest thing while doing Buns of Steel.

-The time Mary and I changed MJ's radio to AM and synchronized our alarm clocks to go off 3 minutes before so we could wait outside to see how long it took to turn the BLARING AM alarm off. It took about 3 seconds...I have the video.

-Oh and when the washer flooded the kitchen.

-Oh OH! And the Library!! I figured we might as well all add it :)

clarkyclark said...

One more...Mary's 21st birthday. I'll leave it at that.