Thursday, August 21, 2008

excitement city!

My yittel sister, Claire, called me today (luckily I was on my lunch break and could answer my phone) to tell me that she got a job in Fort Worth today!!!! Yay!! She will be working for MHMR of Tarrant County...good luck with the crazies, you'll fit right in! :) This means, of course, that she'll be flashing a peace sign to Denton very shortly and moving here next month. She's heading over this Saturday so we can go find her a place to live-woowoo!! I will get to actually put my awesome real estate skills into practice. It is going to be so fun having her nearby and showing her all of the fun things Fort Worth has to offer...Yogi's, Joe T's, sneaking into Cats games at the very end to watch fireworks for free, Chimy's, SUPER Target. Yes, this will be fun. We haven't lived in the same city since I left SAtown for TCU. :)

On a different, yet very exciting note, we had open house tonight and school and I'm pretty sure that I have the cutest and sweetest class in the 2nd grade hallway. I have never had so many kids come in and hug a complete stranger who will be their teacher in 3 short days. I even got hugs from little siblings-booya! I met so many nice parents who seemed genuinely invested and interested in their child's education...what a breath of fresh air! And hello, I already have my two favorites. How does that happen so quickly, you ask? Well they brought me stuff, of course! And this "stuff" rocks-a precious little boy brought me a shell....from the beach...that he found this summer...and brought just for me. Love. A little girl made me a little key chain with yellow and clear beads. Wow, is it easy to buy my love! I left that school in such a good mood that I wanted to break out in song and dance. I didn't, don't worry. I know this is going to be a wonderful year and will hopefully cover up some of the not so fun memories of last year.

What a GREAT day!!!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so excited FOR you! But I must disagree...I have the best class. ;)

Anonymous said...

Um so I was taking a shower and all of a sudden got really excited because I'm going to have a stinkin' CENTRAL MARKET! I love the little things in life. And you! That's amazing about your class- guess it's making up for the devils you had last year.

deneise said...

i realize you don't know that well...BUT...you couldn't be more wrong...i have THE BEST class. you wish you had my class...heck...your mom wishes she had my class!!